Friday, July 26, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Broken

GO:

I am broken. I live in a broken world filled with broken people. And we walk around protecting our brokenness from one another, afraid we will shatter if we happen to bump up against some part of ourselves that hasn't quite completely "healed."

In this lifetime, I will never be healed. I will walk around in this pieced together jar of clay and do my best to let the light within me shine through the broken cracks that map out who I am. I used to hide those cracks. Sometimes, with some people, I still do. I yearn for a transparent life and yet some people walk around with rocks and a bad attitude. Some protection is still necessary. But for the most part, not so much.

I am who I am. I am pieces and parts of all the decisions, good and bad, that I have made in a lifetime and circumstances, good and bad, that have shaped who I have become. I am a crazy, messy mosaic of idealism and realism and dreaming and doing. I am more than the chipped and jagged edges of my mistakes and trials. My broken is beautiful.

STOP.

Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment